To all of our Valued Clients,
We hope you are all tracking well.
Today we are reaching out with an exciting announcement:
We will be implementing some positive changes through the introduction of our Environmental Management Policy.
Liberty Equipment Hire strives to be a leader in environmental sustainability in the hire industry and believes that a successful future for our business and the customers we serve depends on the sustainability of the environment, communities, and economies in which we operate.
As a responsible provider of equipment to the community, we bear responsibility to consider the impacts of our actions and how they affect the environment both directly in terms of our own operations, and indirectly through our purchasing decisions, the products and services we offer to our customers and the business opportunities we pursue.
In doing so, we have committed to minimizing our impact, & to demonstrate leadership in our Industry by integrating those Environmental considerations into all of our practises.
The key initiatives we are implementing at this stage are:
- Recycling old and used batteries.
- Recycling of ink cartridges.
- Crushing and recycling used aluminium
- Recycle paper and cardboard.
- Purchase of recycled products such as paper/plastics where possible.
- Recycle plastics separately to the above.
- Recycling of other scrap metals.
- Water filtration to assist with clean water to clean our vehicles + re-filling of our portable toilet fleet.
- Using non harmful chemicals within the office space for cleaning purposes.
- Supporting legislation to assist our communities with better and more efficient recycling services and procedures as they become available.
- Reviewing all recycling operations yearly and to adapt to new methods and procedures that can assist further with reducing wastage.
- Financially supporting charities that best support change and education to the community in regards to recycling practises and initiatives.
We are currently in negotiation to become an official partner with a high profile charity in Australia however cannot disclose this charity until both parties have agreed to the terms.
Liberty Equipment Hire will support charities that encourage and educate the community on how to better recycle and the practises and procedures we can follow to make our workplace more environmentally sustainable.
We will also pass this message onto our clients and suppliers to assist these charities with spreading the word regarding recycling and waste management.
To support this implementation we have proposed a 1% Environmental Management charge applied to all outgoing invoices which will contribute to the costs of ongoing implementation.
This Charge will be introduced as of November 1st 2020.
We are hopeful that you will be welcoming of this policy and all it stands for. We will keep our clients informed of future initiatives that can help our workplace more environmentally friendly and ultimately help the environment in our community.
To show our appreciation to all of you for your support with this, we will be creating a Recognition Page on our Website outlining the Initiatives and all involved in their implementation, and a big thankyou in advance for supporting us with this initiative as it is something we believe to be extremely important. This initiative will grow and evolve over the coming months and we are excited to hit the ground running and make some real change where we can!
Thanks for your understanding, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to discuss.
m: 0447 111 391