EMP GOALS & OUTLINE
Liberty Equipment Hire strives to be a leader in environmental sustainability and believes that a successful future for our business and the customers we serve depends on the sustainability of the environment, communities, and economies in which we operate.
As a responsible provider of equipment to the community, we bear responsibility to consider the impacts of our actions and how they affect the environment both directly in terms of our own operations, and indirectly through our purchasing decisions, the products and services we offer to our customers and the business opportunities we pursue.
We are committed to minimizing the impact of our operations on the environment and to demonstrate leadership by integrating the following environmental considerations into all our business practices:
- Recycling old and used batteries.
- Crushing and recycling used aluminium
- Recycle paper and cardboard.
- Purchase of recycled products such as paper/plastics where possible.
- Recycle plastics separately to the above.
- Recycling of other scrap metals.
- Water filtration to assist with clean water to clean our vehicles + re-filling of our portable toilet fleet.
- Using non harmful chemicals within the office space for cleaning purposes.
- Supporting legislation to assist our communities with better and more efficient recycling services and procedures as they become available.
- Reviewing all recycling operations yearly and to adapt to new methods and procedures that can assist further with reducing wastage.
We will also be contributing to local charities and organisations that support the above ideals.
For more information on our Environmental Management policy and the ways we are improving our workplace to be more sustainable and environmentally friendly, please contact management.